Accounting, Payroll & Benefit Specialist
Company: Valley Forge Fabrics
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Accounting, Payroll & Benefits SpecialistAugust 2019Full Time/
Salaried / Non-Exempt Valley Forge Fabrics needs an experienced
Payroll & Benefit Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate
will have a Bachelor Degree with 3+ years of payroll experience
working for an organization with multi-state employee base of at
least 200 people. In addition, experience with onboarding new
associates and explaining company benefits and a strong disposition
and background for high-achievement and learning. Dual reporting
relationships (VP, Human Resources and to Controller). The Payroll
& Benefits Specialist processes a multi-state payroll for 200+
employees on a bi-weekly basis.-- --The--role also performs a wide
range of duties relative to the setup, maintenance and processing
of employee records and reports. Performs administrative and
analytical support for the organization's benefits, compensation,
and HRIS functions using ADP and other systems. Assists employees
with a variety of payroll, benefits and associated HR inquiries;
responds to verifications of employment; creates and generates
basic reports. May coordinate department specific tasks. Assists
with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
Responsibilities may also include assisting with other general
Human Resources programs as needed as well as tracking department
PTO and time keeping, assisting with benefit annual enrollments,
changes and audits and supporting the VP, Human Resources with
acquisition and compliance activities.Payroll, HRIS Administration
& New Employee OnboardingJob Responsibilities & Duties:--
- Processes accurate, audited and timely bi-weekly payroll for
- Maintains filing for all payroll entries.
- Maintain accuracy of all employee data in payroll and
- Enter hires, status changes, terminations, tax and direct
- Process wage garnishments
- Assist with reconciliation of timecards with managers prior to
- Prepare, audit and distribute payroll reports
- Prepares journal entries for each payroll
- Research and resolves issues timely
- Document and update procedures
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Utilizes ADP Workforcenow and various other benefit systems and
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance
providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper
- Perform data entry and/or approval for the HRIS system
including initial new hire processing, as well as employment status
changes, personal data, compensation, benefits, performance
information, tax deductions, I-9 information, transfers,
termination dates and reasons, compliance, etc.
- Verifies completeness of employee information in accordance
with established procedures, checklists, and audits.
- Communicates with new employees regarding their day 1
requirements including welcome communications and coordinating
training schedule and VFF Buddy.
- Ensures new hire readiness including work station,
equipment/login credentials, security access, welcome kits, etc.
Greets new hires on Day 1.
- Brings questions/concerns to the attention of VP HR, HR
Business Partners and employee's manager for
- Coordinates New Employee Orientations with the schedules,
equipment, room, and orientation/benefit packet materials. May
assist with presenting information as needed.
- Maintains all benefits summary information, vendor contact
information and is well-informed as company expert on all benefit
- Assists employees with general inquiries related to overall
benefits, including various leaves such as STD, LTD, FMLA, policies
- Ensures that all employees have necessary follow-up verbal and
written clarity on benefit information and enrollments as not to
miss required new enrollment and qualifying event timelines for
- Provides Lead level support for annual enrollment planning in
all company locations and is accountable for project planning to
ensure HR and carrier support including support for non-English
- Runs various reports as needed. Responsible for providing
routine ad-hoc reports as needed, and running other miscellaneous
reports already established for general audit purposes.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee
requests and questions.
- Sets up electronic and hard copy personnel files and
confidential files, maintains I9 documents for compliance and
continually maintains confidential personnel files and personnel
actions. Relocates active to termination files when employees
terminate from employment.
- Collaborates with Controller and with Payroll administrator for
Northeast campus as needed for data entry audits and
cross-collaboration on company transfers and other payroll
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings and seminars.
- Takes active role in development of health and wellness
programs for employees.
- Provides clerical support to include but not limited to:
filing, correspondence, reports, coordination of functions and
meetings, providing direction and assistance to employees to ensure
completion of various forms and applications.----
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and
systems. Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and
performs other clerical functions.
- Prepares new employee files and files documents into
appropriate employee files. Manages ongoing maintenance of filling
and organizing of employee records.
- Assists and/or prepares correspondence as requested including
timely response to subpoenas, etc.
- Maintains appropriate compliance and regulatory postings.
- Assists with the organization of various employee activities
and recognition programs such as; employee anniversary awards,
occasional lunch ordering and meeting invitations; and other
employee as requested; assists with employee communications,
coordination of meetings, providing direction and assistance to
employees.--Other Administrative Duties As Assigned
- Assist with tracking of expenses by company credit card holders
for reconciling and assigning expenses to appropriate G/L.
- Prints and codes incoming payments
- Enters and posts credits
- Reviews daily billing proof sheet
- Opens and sorts daily mail
- Prepares daily sales and order report
- Other Accounting reconciliations and tasks as assigned by
- Acts as a project coordinator for assigned projects, at the
request of the HR department or Accounting / Finance
- Bachelor Degree
- FPC designation preferred
- CPP / PHR designation preferred
- 3-5 years of exp., in an HR environment supporting workforce of
exempt and non-exempt personnel of more than 200+ people in
- Previous experience with HRIS and Payroll Systems required. ADP
Workforcenow payroll experience preferred.
- Ability to work from 8:30AM-5:30PM Monday through Friday.
Flexible to work extended hours and some limited weekend hours when
necessary to meet deadlines. Must be present for bi-weekly
scheduled payroll processing.
- Ability to travel occasionally by air and for several days
overnight to other company locations (less than 10% and typically
for acquisition support, annual enrollments and orientations).
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and
in person--Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities--
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with all MS Office products,
- Demonstrates high level of organizational skill.
- Demonstrates and understands the critical importance of
discretion and confidentiality.
- Understanding of HR issues and concept.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Excellent attention to detail in a fast-paces environment.
- Ability to accept supervision and coaching
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and
collaborative working relationships with HR, with company owners
and with cross-functional team members.
- Maintains self professionally and networks for best practices
and development including maintaining current understanding of
benefits and payroll developments within industry and government.
AAP/EEO Statement:All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.Valley Forge
Fabrics, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Valley Forge Fabrics, Plantation , Accounting, Payroll & Benefit Specialist, Human Resources , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!