Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Posted on: November 17, 2019
The Director level Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves
as a visible and value-added strategic partner within Assurant and
the Connected Living business. Assurant, a Fortune 500 company, is
a leading global provider of housing and lifestyle solutions that
support, protect and connect major consumer purchases. Assurant
offers mobile device solutions; extended service contracts; vehicle
protection services; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters
insurance and lender-placed homeowners insurance. -Connected
Living, partners with industry-leading clients - mobile carriers,
multi-service operators (such as cable/internet providers),
retailers, original equipment manufacturers and financial
institutions - around the world to bring protection products and
solutions to consumers.The Director, HRBP will be accountable for
aligning people strategy with client group strategy through
consultative guidance and support to leaders to achieve business
results. The successful candidate contributes to the business
strategy by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and
build organizational capabilities, structures, processes, and
behaviors. In collaboration with HR Operations, the Employee
Relations Center, and Centers of Excellence, the Director, HRBP
develops integrated approaches to further business objectives of
the client group as well as solutions to human resources related
challenges. The Director, HRBP must have a strong knowledge of all
of the following disciplines to be effectively align people and
business strategy and enable strong results.
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management / Development
- Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development
- Performance Management
- Organizational Change
- Organizational Design
- Acquisition, Divestiture, Integration of organizations
- HR Data AnalyticsExamples of the use of knowledge in the
disciplines above would include:
- Understand key business performance targets and their related
- Assist in forecasting and planning talent pipeline
- Ensure robust talent development and succession planning to
support current and future business capability needs.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives aligned intended to
promote strong client experience.
- Develop and lead change management programs to facilitate
- Create, in collaboration with COEs, new organization designs,
new compensation plans or packages. The Director, HRBP works in
collaboration with members of the COEs, acting as a consultant and
gatekeeper to ensure that the best resources are leveraged in
problem solving and strategy creation. In addition, the successful
candidate will work in collaboration with the HR Operations area,
and HR Partners in the Employee Relations center, to ensure that
appropriate analytics, processes, and policies are in place
throughout the client group. Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6-9 years of HR experience, 2-3 of which should include
creation of people strategy and implementation for departments or
functional areas (e.g. Information Technology or Finance).
- Advanced influencing skills and effectiveness operating within
a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong Financial Acumen/Understanding of annual and long-term
- Demonstrated track record of planning / organizing and
executing complex work initiatives or projects.
- Demonstration of strong collaboration skills with peers and
senior (VP level and above) business leaders.
- Ability to communicate up, down, and across to a variety of
constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong core HR Knowledge and experience (i.e, talent
acquisition, workforce planning, employee engagement, organization
design, change management, performance management, project
management, problem solving, coaching, , compensation)
- PHR/ SPHR or equivalent designation to demonstrate continuous
learning and contemporary knowledge of HR law/compliance, policy,
and process.Preferred Qualifications
- Bilingual with ability to read, write and speak English &
Keywords: Assurant, Plantation , Director, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!